Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Who is cutting your hair?

Good news in the world of Cosmetology!  Recently, in the state of Indiana, House Bill 1006 was DEFEATED!  

1006 was a bill that would have made licenses for cosmetologists unnecessary.  That would mean that anyone could have a salon and anyone could do hair without having spent a minute in school.  That would also mean some pretty scary hair moments for clients.  The bill would have not only affected cosmetologists and their schools, but other licensed professionals such as dieticians, hearing aid dealers, private investigators and security guards as well.  It is so important as a licensed cosmetologist to have the skills and the knowledge of my profession to keep clients safe and do the job well.  I learn something new in my line of work pretty much everyday, but my foundation comes from what I learned in school. That knowledge is what I needed to get my license and what I need in the salon everyday.  

Thank you to the thousands of people in these industries who signed petitions to help stop this bill from passing!  Here's to getting your hair done by someone who knows what they are doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment