Wednesday, October 17, 2012

This isn't what I asked for

As a stylist, I would say that it is my goal to have every one of my clients walk out the door with this expression on their face.  


We all want to be happy with our hair, right?  Unfortunately, I have heard way too many stories to know that everyone is not always pleased.  A few days ago I received this picture from my sister-in-law with the caption "I need help on how to talk to hairstylists."

Obviously, Georgia is not happy with her new haircut.  While it is very cute, it is not what she asked for.  

So, I thought I would give you a few ideas on how to get what you want the next time you are in the chair at the salon.

1. Talk.  Don't let them pick up the scissors until you are comfortable.
2. Tell your stylist what you DON'T want.
3. Bring in pictures.  Your idea of a bob (or other style) might be much different than theirs.
4. Never say "Just do whatever you feel like." You don't really mean that.
5. Explain your daily routine so your stylist knows what you are willing to do and ask what it will take to style your new look.

A good stylist should prompt you on all of the above things.  But, if not, don't be afraid to speak up before and during the appointment.  We stylists take pride in our work, you are our walking advertisements.  We want you to walk out the door happy and to keep coming back!


No comments:

Post a Comment